If you are a fan of Borscht or other Eastern European dishes, I highly recommend giving this Raw Vegan Borscht recipe a try.
The unique flavour of raw beets along with the delicious coconut-based sour cream make this Vegan Borscht recipe a keeper.
Quick to prepare, and sure to please your tastebuds, this recipe is one of my favourite uses for fresh & delicious beets.
If you’re interested in learning how to make other simple raw vegan recipes, check out my recipe book: Robert’s Top 10 Raw Recipes
Raw Vegan BorschtSummaryEnjoy the delicious Eastern European dish of Borscht in a quick to prepare and tasty raw vegan recipe.
- 3 Large Fresh Beets (With The Stems)
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/2 Small Lemon Juiced
- 5 Large Stems Of Green Onion
- 2 Cups Coconut Meat
- Cut the stems of the beets off and then peel the skins. (Be careful not to get your clothes dirty)
- Using a food processor (or by hand) grate 1 of the beets into fine slices.
- Using a high speed blender, blend the remaining 2 beets, 2 carrots, 1 cup of coconut water, and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Empty the blender into a bowl, and mix the grated beet slices into the soup.
- Blend the 2 cups of coconut meat with the remaining 1 cup of coconut water until smooth and creamy.
- Dice the 5 stems of green onion into small pieces.
- First carefully & neatly place the coconut cream on top of the soup, and then scatter green onion on top as well.
- Enjoy this delicious and unique recipe!